SOURCE: Pointman Public Relations
FlightNetwork.com showcases the top places to experience live music this summer
Toronto, Canada (PRWEB) June 27, 2012
What will make the summer of 2012 a memorable one when looked back upon years from now? Music festivals lead to lasting memories (Woodstock, anyone?) and the team at FlightNetwork.com has compiled a list of the Top 10 Destinations for Mind-Blowing Music Festivals to help travellers plan a summer getaway that will earn 2012 its place in the memory books.
These destinations, which comprise the latter half of the Top 10 Destinations for Mind-Blowing Music Festivals, are just a mere taste of what travellers can expect from the complete list of 10 places that will awaken anyone’s inner rock god.
10. Norway - Hove and Oya are Norway’s two most prominent festivals and both of them draw music lovers from across Europe. Hove takes place on an island near the city of Arendal over three days in June and onsite camping is included in the ticket price. This year’s bill features dozens of acts including Skrillex, Rise Against, Lana Del Ray, and the Dropkick Murphys. Oya is held at Medieval Park in Oslo where, as well as 11th Century ruins, you can enjoy acts like The Black Keys, Florence + The Machine, Feist, Karpe Diem, and Ane Brun. ?Find cheap flights to Norway
9. Japan - Experience “They’re big in Japan” on a whole new level at Fuji Rocks, where a lineup of A-list acts, old favourites, and emerging talent from around the world take the stage over three days. The bill for 2012 includes performers such as Radiohead, Beady Eye, Jack White, Refused, The Stone Roses, and Los Lonely Boys. Fuji Rocks is held in Niigata Prefecture and the festival venue can be reached by taking a flight to Tokyo, then an hour’s ride on the bullet train to Echigo Yuzawa station. ?Find cheap flights to Japan
8. Denmark - Roskilde is the largest music festival in Northern Europe. While it’s known for its hard rock, punk, and heavy metal leanings, Roskilde always has a diverse lineup, and the 2012 ticket includes over 100 acts such as Bruce Springsteen, Bon Iver, The Cure, Wiz Khalifa, The Cult, and Santigold. ?Find cheap flights to Denmark
7. Australia -The name alone gives the Big Day Out a sense of occasion, and with multiple venues hosting concerts in several cities simultaneously, this festival lives up to its name. To make your trip to Australia worthwhile, consider taking in other Aussie music fests as well, like Homebake, Meredith, Splendour in the Grass, and Parklife. ?Find cheap flights to Australia
6. Ireland - While there’s never a shortage of live music to enjoy in Ireland any day of the year, Electric Picnic and Oxegen are highlights of the annual festival calendar, which includes hundreds of events such as Sea Sessions and Life. If those aren’t sufficiently impressive, fans can hold out for tickets to one of the legendary concerts that are periodically held at Slane Castle. Yes, a castle. ?Find cheap flights to Ireland
The full countdown of the Top 10 Destinations for Mind-Blowing Music Festivals list, which is available on the FlightNetwork® blog, is a must-read for travellers this summer, and will inspire music fans to see their favourite bands perform live at some of the world’s biggest and best music festivals. It lets them in on where to find the most interesting new talent and retro gems. From The Black Keys in Norway to Radiohead in Japan or Pearl Jam in England, there is a whole world of awesomeness awaiting travellers in 2012.
About FlightNetwork.com (http://www.flightnetwork.com)
As one of Canada’s leaders in online travel, FlightNetwork.com delivers the lowest airfares from the top airlines by offering consumers access to over 2 million bulk rates on cheap flights negotiated with major airlines. Its proprietary flight booking engine offers last second booking and the exclusive ability to ‘mix and match’ fares – the only Canadian online travel agency that allows booking on different airlines for departure and return flights to get the lowest fares possible. Backing up Flight Network’s award winning online service are over 120 insightful travel specialists in the FlightNetwork.com call centre who ensure that customers successfully book the best travel deals.
FlightNetwork.com’s Price Drop Protection plan is a unique, free program, exclusive to FlightNetwork.com customers on all economy flights, vacations and hotels. The Price Drop Deal covers up to a $100 drop on USA and international flights, and unlimited drops on domestic flights, vacations and hotel bookings. If you book with FlightNetwork.com, and the price drops after you book, you will get the difference credited back.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/6/prweb9637585.htm