A delivery truck driver may have saved the lives of three Minot children today who were home alone when fire broke out in their house.
Minot firefighters were called when someone noticed smoke coming from the house on Valley Street, just east of St Joseph's.
They arrived and found the 12-year-old boy had helped his two sisters, ages 3 and 6, escape out a bedroom window.
Police say a passing FedEx driver may have saved the lives of the children by knocking on the door and awakening the kids.
Firefighters put out the small fire in an upstairs bedroom and ventilated the house to remove the smoke.
Fire Marshall Ed Hausauer says the mother of the children had left the home and left a candle burning in the bedroom, causing the fire.
He says details of the incident have been sent to the Minot Police for evaluation of any possible charges in the case.