A trailer fire at Rice Lake today has left a family homeless.
According to authorities, the pipes of the trailer, that a mother and two children were renting, had froze this morning.
The owner of the trailer was underneath trying to thaw them out when a space heater ignited some insulation.
Tara Kenner was inside working when the fire started, her two kids were at school.
Tara was able to get out safely but the fire quickly spread to the back where the kids room was and destroyed most, if not all of their belongings.
The Ryder Makoti Fire Department was quick to respond and was able to suppress the flames and save a few items from the front of the home.
Kenner says with so much of their belongings destroyed they don't have many options.
(Tara Kenner, Rice Lake Resident) "Not many, since we lived here because there's nowhere to rent in Minot and nowhere to live. At least my kids weren't home, they don't have to see this happen and all of their stuff get lost."
Kenner says she will be able to stay with relatives for now but nearly everything was lost in the fire.