This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE: Sheila Donnelly & Associates
WATERBAR's HOT! ICONIC bash, CLEO Mag Pool Party, Miss Aus. Fashion Show plus Summer Cocktails, Max Brenner Valentines and Ride-abouts on Blue Bikes
Sydney, Australia (PRWEB) January 18, 2013
BLUE Sydney, a Taj Hotel is already celebrating summer down under, but it's not too late to get in on the fun at this five-star urban resort at the happening Wharf at Woolloomooloo. WATERBAR, named 2012 Bar of the Year in the Tourism Accommodation Australian Awards for is the epicenter of entertainment at BLUE attracting Sydney's most exclusive parties and events.
“The action has not stopped at WATERBAR; from online fashion brand ICONIC’s first birthday bash, to CLEO Magazine’s annual swim party and the Miss Australia Fashion Show, which had loads of fabulous people in attendance,” said Sanjay Umashankar, general manager of BLUE. “Mr Ratan Tata, great-grandson of the founder of the Tata group (which owns Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces) was recently in Sydney and was presented with an honorary degree of Doctor of Business honoris causa by the University of New South Wales. This was awarded in recognition of his eminent service to the global community and was presented on the eve of his retirement.”
BLUE is also celebrating the completed refurbishment of its rooms and common areas. Here are more details on the summertime festivities and new features at BLUE.
In time for Valentine's, it's the Max Brenner Romance @ Blue - Enjoy a luxury marina view room with views across the Woolloomooloo Marina of the Sydney skyline. Once checked in, enjoy a Max Brenner romance dinner box set including fire water chocolate fondue tower with candle and two fondue forks, milk chocolate caibos, Max’s chocolate chunks 200g, life is beautiful favorites caramelized pecans rolled in rich praline and fine cocoa powder, two of Max's famous Belgian waffles for dipping and a bottle of sparkling Chandon. The following morning enjoy full buffet breakfast for two at Blue Cafe.
- Summer Cocktails At WATERBAR - WATERBAR is the top bar in Sydney for 2012 and was named one of the top 10 bars in the world by Conde Nast Traveler. It's perfect for summer with marina views and an atrium setting. Mixologists at WATERBAR have created some refreshing summer libations like the Exotica, fresh and light with a touch of sweetness and served in a fabulous martini glass (Beefeater London dry gin, fresh lychees, lychee liqueur, ginger liqueur, fresh lime and kaffir lime leaves, shaken and served straight up.) Also try the mellow yellow (fresh strawberries, lemoncello, frais des bois, lemon juice, sugar cane syrup & egg white shaken and served short over ice) and more.
- Blue Bikes - BLUE Sydney now has an exciting new way to enjoy Sydney’s beautiful harbor; it’s BLUE bikes! They're actually gold (Taj’s flagship color) and are exclusively for guests to ride around the Warf at Woolloomooloo and its stunning surroundings. Two vintage bikes can be booked, complete with picnic lunch. BLUE is the only hotel in Sydney to offer bikes for dreamy summer ride-abouts.
- Blue Refurb - Guests staying at BLUE Sydney will notice the iconic property has had a subtle makeover, designed to refresh its cool urban décor. In the unique warehouse style hallways, a new custom-designed carpet featuring an indigenous-inspired aquatic motif has been introduced, echoing the hotel’s harbor setting. Each of the 100 guest rooms, including 36 stunning Loft Suites, has been refurbished with flaxen carpet and new finishes. The rooms retain the authenticity and charm of their wonderful, historic wharf setting whilst providing the latest in modern luxury, with views of either the Woolloomooloo Bay Village or the Sydney Harbor foreshores.
- Awards Awards Awards
- BLUE’s iconic WATERBAR was named “Bar of the Year” at the Tourism Accommodation Australia (NSW) Awards for Excellence 2012. This is the second year in a row that it has won the award.
- 2012 BLUE Sydney features at No. 4 in the Luxury Travel Gold List in the category of Best Australian Hotel
- 2012 BLUE Sydney features at No. 3 in the Luxury Travel Gold List in the category of Best Australian boutique property, villa or lodge
- 2012 BLUE Sydney features at No. 9 in the Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in Australia in the TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Awards
- 2012 BLUE Sydney features at No. 11 in the Top 25 Trendiest Hotels in South Pacific in the TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Awards
- 2012 Conde Nast UK, GOLD LIST includes BLUE Sydney
- WATERBAR Is Taking Summer Party Bookings Now! - Situated in one of Sydney’s most historic and unique venues, WATERBAR at BLUE has become one of Sydney’s best locations for corporate and private events. WATERBAR at BLUE offers the flexibility to accommodate any sized function group for cocktail events or launches and can be booked for 10 to 500 guests. With a sensational team skilled in event management to deliver every party need, BLUE Sydney is a knock-out party venue. For information e-mail info(at)waterbaratblue(dot)com
About BLUE Sydney
Situated on the waterfront of the Finger Wharf at Woolloomooloo, BLUE Sydney provides guests with the best Sydney has to offer. Not only is it within walking distance of the CBD and the Sydney Opera House, it is also adjacent to the Royal Botanic Gardens, providing a great spot for those early morning or leisurely walks along Sydney's spectacular harbor.
With 100 guest rooms, including 36 loft suites and the undeniably chic WATERBAR, BLUE Sydney backs up its beauty with inspired food and service under the direction of award-winning Executive Chef Kiran Arora, serving a fusion of tastes and dishes to fit this sophisticated hotel's discerning clientele.
In line with BLUE Sydney's philosophy of client service and style, special packages are always available, providing visitors to Sydney and Sydneysiders opportunities to enjoy what BLUE has to offer. Enjoy a cocktail in WATERBAR, a delicious breakfast in BLUE café or a well-earned break at Sydney's coolest hotel at Sydney's hottest address.
About Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces
Established in 1901, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is one of Asia's largest and finest group of hotels, comprising 99 hotels in 56 locations across India with an additional 16 international hotels in the Maldives, Malaysia, Australia, UK, USA, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Africa and the Middle East. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Grand Palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. For over a century, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, the iconic flagship has set a benchmark for fine living with exquisite refinement, inventiveness and warmth. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is part of the Tata Group, India's premier business house.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/1/prweb10337271.htm