Information contained on this page is provided by companies via press release distributed through PR Newswire, an independent third-party content provider. PR Newswire, WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE DCI Cheese Company
RICHFIELD, Wis., March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Eight of DCI Cheese Company's ("DCI") specialty cheeses were awarded prizes at the United States Championship Cheese Contest ("USCCC") held March 12–13 at the Atrium in Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wis. Of these winners, three received the prominent distinction of "Best of Class."
DCI's USCCC award-winning product offerings include the following:
- Great Midwest® Chipotle Cheddar (Best of Class), a slightly smoky, slightly spicy blended Cheddar with a smooth, consistent flavor.
- Nikos® Fat Free Feta (Best of Class) featuring the same soft and crumbly texture and pleasantly mild, slightly tangy flavor of traditional Mediterranean-style feta without the fat.
- Nikos® Mediterranean Feta (Best of Class) is infused with tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic, lemon juice and spices giving the cheese a delicious medley of rich, tangy flavors.
- Nikos® Tomato Basil Feta (2nd Place) is a crumbly, robust feta infused with the classic combination of tomatoes and basil.
- Liederkranz® (2nd Place) is a surface-ripened snack cheese with a distinctly strong aroma and unique, full-bodied flavor.
- Black River® Blue (3rd Place), a producer certified rBGH-free specialty cheese featuring a rich and creamy texture with beautiful, consistent blue veining and an exceptional earthy flavor.
- Danamark® Havarti (3rd Place) which is regarded for its pleasantly sweet and mild flavor, rich and buttery aroma and decadently creamy texture.
- Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese with Peppadew™ (3rd Place), a pleasantly mild and tangy chevre accented by the sweet, piquant flavor of Peppadew™ peppers.
All of DCI's award-winning cheeses are available for purchase at select retailers nationwide. Retailers interested in carrying these items can contact a DCI sales representative by e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 1.800.782.0741 for more information.
About DCI Cheese Company
Richfield, Wisconsin-based DCI Cheese Company has been an innovative leader in the cheese industry since 1975. The company markets and sells a broad range of imported and domestic specialty cheese brands including Black Creek®, Great Midwest®, Joan of Arc®, King's Choice®, Nikos®, Organic Creamery®, Salemville® and Stella®, among others. DCI's value-added products can be found in restaurants, grocery stores, club stores and specialty shops across the country. For more information on DCI Cheese Company and its portfolio of brands, visit www.dcicheeseco.com.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.