Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
NEW YORK, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles on trade mark owners and local operators. Brand volumes and market share are given by price segment, alcoholic strength and type. Consumption volumes are provided by pack mix (type, material, refill ability, pack size) and distribution channel (on- and off-premise). Other information includes market valuation/pricing data. All supported by market commentary
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
The 2013 South Africa Cider Market Insights report is a high level market research report on the South African cider industry. Published by Canadean, this report provides an excellent way of gaining an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the market. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on cider market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
The cider category saw double-digit growth in 2012.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
The company Distell drove this growth, this is the dominant player and accounts for over 98% of the category and so the category's performance is tied to the performance of this player.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
The South Africa Cider Market Insight report is designed for clients needing a quality in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the cider market. The report provides a much more granular and detailed data set than our competitors.
Key Features and Benefits
This report provides readers with an excellent way of gaining a thorough understanding of the dynamics and structure of the South Africa cider market.
This report provides readers with in-depth data on market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount, alcoholic strength, and type.
This report provides data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands and reports on new product activity in 2012
This report provides an analysis of industry structure, reports on company volumes and selected company profiles
This report provides distribution channel data (on- vs. off-premise) and discusses the latest trends in the key sub-channels. Packaging data includes consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs. non- refillable. Market valuation data and selected pricing data are also included.
Key Market Issues
Distell owns almost 99% of the market with its two brands; Hunter's and Savanna.
The cider market is not clearly defined in consumers' minds in South Africa - there is still confusion around what a real cider is, with most South Africans believing that many of the apple ale brands on the market are actually ciders.
Cider in South Africa is very much a drink for both women and men - although it tends to be marketed mainly towards men. It is a small market in the country compared to the giant that beer is. It is an aspirational product targeted to and drunk by higher income groups living in cities. It is priced at a slight premium to beer.
Hunter's and Savanna continued to shine on the global stage - driving much of the company growth for Distell yet again.
Average prices increased in 2012 due to the apple juice shortage and also because of the repeated hikes in the price of petrol, electricity and water. Distell as the dominant player, had to diversify its supply chain by sourcing its supply from new and alternative sources.
2012 was a good year for Hunter's which saw growth in the double-digits for another year running. Marketing has driven the growth of Hunter's in 2012 and this has added dynamism to the category as a whole.
Tell's cider is growing quickly but off a very small base and for now its volumes are negligible.
Double-digit growth is expected to continue in 2013. This will be driven by the Distell brands and also the new entrant, Tells. New packaging formats will also help.
Apple dominates but pear makes an appearance. In 2012 a small player, Tell's from Stellen Fine Wines, introduced the very first pear cider to the South African market.
Tell's is the only brand that is available in a PET bottle with screw off lid (volume currently negligible). Buying a drink in PET bottle is attractive to consumers who are at concerts or events where glass is not permitted.
Table of Contents
Section 1 Market Update
- Key Facts
- MARKET COMMENTARY
- Current and Emerging Trends
- Imports and Exports
- Top 10 Cider Brands - Volume, 2011-2012
- Top 10 International Premium and Super premium Cider Brands - Volume, 2011-2012
- Brand Analysis
- Private Label/Private Label Producers
- New Products Activity
- INDUSTRY STRUCTURE
- Chart - Leading Brewers/Imports, 2012
- Market Structure
- Cider Producers/Importers
- Chart - Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2012
- Packaging Trends
- CHANNEL ANALYSIS
- Chart - Distribution by Channel, 2012
- Chart - Consumption by Price Segment, 2012
- Market Valuation and Pricing
- Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2011-2013F
- Distribution Trends
- LEGISLATION AND TAXATION TABLES
- Table 1.2.1 - Taxation Base
- Table 1.2.2 - Historical Excise Rates of Cider
- Table 1.2.3 - Legal Controls on Cider
- PRICING TABLES
- Table 1.3.1 - Selected Consumer Cider Prices: Off-Premise, 2011-2013
- Table 1.3.2 - Selected Consumer Cider Prices: On-Premise, 2011-2013
- DATA TABLES
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Litres, 2002-2013F
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - % Share, 2002-2013F
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - per Capita - Growth, 2002-2012
- Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Litres, 2002-2013F
- Alcoholic Beverage Consumption - Litres of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2002-2013F
- Cider Production/Trade/Consumption, 2006-2013F
- Cider Production/Trade/Consumption - Growth, 2006-2013F
- Consumption of FABs and Cider, 2002-2013F
- Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2011-2013F
- Cider Consumption by Local Definition, 2009-2013F
- Cider Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2009-2013F
- Cider Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2009-2013F
- Cider Consumption by Type, 2009-2013F
- Cider Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2009-2013F
- Cider All Trademarks, 2008-2012
- Cider Brands by Local Definition, 2008-2012
- Cider Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2008-2012
- Cider Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012
- Cider Brands by Type, 2008-2012
- Cider Imported Brands by Origin, 2008-2012
- Cider Trademark Owners, 2008-2012
- Cider Local Operators, 2008-2012
- Cider Leading Brewers/Importers, 2008-2012
- Cider Consumption by Pack Mix: Refill ability/Type/Pack/Size, 2009-2013F
- Cider Distribution: On vs. Off Premise, 2009-2013F
Section 2 Brewer Profiles
- Brandhouse Brand Volumes, 2008-2012
- DISTELL GROUP Pty Ltd
- Distell, South Africa Brand Volumes, 2008-2012
- Stellen Fine Wines
Beer and Cider Attributes Definitions
List of Tables
Table 1: Data Revisions Summary
Table 2: Cider Key Facts
Table 3: Top 10 Cider Brands - Volume, 2010-2012
Table 4: Top 10 International Premium and Superpremium Cider Brands - Volume, 2010-2012
Table 5: Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2011-2013F
Table 6: - Taxation Base
Table 7: - Historical Excise Rates of Cider
Table 8: - Legal Controls on Cider
Table 9: Selected Consumer Cider Prices: Off-Premise, 2011-2013
Table 10: Selected Consumer Cider Prices: On-Premise, 2011-2013
Table 11: Commercial Beverage Consumption - Litres Per Capita, 2002-2013F
Table 12: Commercial Beverage Consumption - Per Capita % Share, 2002-2013F
Table 13: Commercial Beverage Consumption - Per Capita Growth, 2003-2013F
Table 14: Commercial Beverage Consumption - Million Liters, 2002-2013F
Table 15: Average Beverage Consumption - Liters of Pure Alcohol (LPA) Per Capita, 2002-2013F
Table 16: Cider Production/Trade/Consumption, 2005-2013F
Table 17: Cider Production/Trade/Consumption - Growth, 2005-2013F
Table 18: Consumption of FABs and Cider, 2002-2013F
Table 19: Cider Market Valuation (Local Currency), 2011-2013F
Table 20: Cider Consumption by Local Definition, 2009-2013F
Table 21: Cider Consumption by Standard Price Segmentation, 2009-2013F
Table 22: Cider Consumption by Alcoholic Strength, 2009-2013F
Table 23: Cider Consumption by Type, 2009-2013F
Table 24: Cider Consumption by Geographic Scope, 2009-2013F
Table 25: Cider All Trademarks, 2008-2012.
Table 26: Cider Brands by Local Definition, 2008-2012
Table 27: Cider Brands by Standard Price Segment, 2008-2012
Table 28: Cider Brands by Alcoholic Strength, 2008-2012
Table 29: Cider Brands by Type, 2008-2012
Table 30: Imported Brands by Origin, 2010-2012
Table 31: Cider Trademark Owners, 2008-2012
Table 32: Cider Local Operators, 2008-2012
Table 33: Cider leading Brewers/Importers, 2008-2012
Table 34: Cider Consumption by Pack Mix: Refillability/Pack/Size, 2009-2013F
Table 35: Cider Distribution: On vs Off Premise, 2009-2013F
Table 36: Brandhouse Full Cider Brand List.
Table 37: Brandhouse Brand Volumes 2008-2012
Table 38: Distell Full Cider Brand List
Table 39: Distell, South Africa Brand Volumes 2008-2012
Table 40: Company Stellen Fine Wines
List of Figures
Figure 1: Cider Leading Brewers/Importers, 2012
Figure 2: Cider Consumption by Pack Material/Type, 2012
Figure 3: Cider Distribution by Channel, 2012
Figure 4: Cider Consumption by Price Segment, 2012
BRANDHOUSE , Brand house, DISTELL GROUP Pty Ltd, Distell, Stellen Fine Wines
To order this report: South Africa Cider Market Insights 2013
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.