Killer Released from State Hospital - KXNet.com - Bismarck/Minot/Williston/Dickinson-KXNEWS,ND

Killer Released from State Hospital

Posted: Updated:

A Texas man who killed another Texas man in a Minot hotel in 2011 has won release from the State Hospital in Jamestown.

35-year-old Charles Davis admitted stabbing 48-year-old Donald Flowers to death in a conference room at the Candlewood Suites on March 12th, 2011.

The two were oil field workers doing work at the hotel that day.

But Davis avoided jail by being found not guilty by lack of criminal responsibility due to mental illness.

He was sent to the State Hospital for treatment of schizophrenia.

In District Court today in Minot, Judge William McLees signed a conditional release order, allowing Davis to live outside of the State Hospital while he continues his full time job in Jamestown.

The release requires regular treatment and drug testing, and requires Davis to stay in North Dakota unless given permission to leave.

  • Minot/Williston NewsMore>>

  • Photo Released of Girl Killed by Hit & Run Driver

    Photo Released of Girl Killed by Hit & Run Driver

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 8:29 PM EDT2014-09-03 00:29:52 GMT
    The mother of Zofia Pepple released this photo of her 23-month-old daughter tonight.

    Chantelle Pepple says she hopes people will have a greater appreciation for what "this monster took from this world and my family."

    The mother of Zofia Pepple released this photo of her 23-month-old daughter tonight.

    Chantelle Pepple says she hopes people will have a greater appreciation for what "this monster took from this world and my family."

  • Search Continues in Hit & Run Case

    Search Continues in Hit & Run Case

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 8:09 PM EDT2014-09-03 00:09:57 GMT
    The search continues for the driver and pick-up truck involved in a hit-and-run accident that occurred Sunday evening.
    The search continues for the driver and pick-up truck involved in a hit-and-run accident that occurred Sunday evening.
  • County Needs Millions More for Expansion

    County Needs Millions More for Expansion

    Tuesday, September 2 2014 8:05 PM EDT2014-09-03 00:05:25 GMT
    Call it a case of deja vu, but Ward County voters can expect to see a bond request in front of them early next year, asking for almost the exact amount that they previously approved to build a new county office building and expand the jail.
    Call it a case of deja vu, but Ward County voters can expect to see a bond request in front of them early next year, asking for almost the exact amount that they previously approved to build a new county office building and expand the jail.
Quick Clicks
Closings/Delays
View list
Calendar
What's happening?
Lottery Results
Feeling lucky?
Viewer Photos
Submit yours!
Road Report
Current conditions
TV Listings
See what's on
Gas Prices
Check near you
E-Mail Newsletter
Signup now

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow
General information or questions:
kxinfo@kxnet.com

News:
Bismarck:
Phone: 701-223-9197
News Fax: 701-223-1985

News:
Minot:
Phone: 701-852-2104
News Fax: 701-838-1050
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXNET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.