Last week, over 70% of civilian personnel at the Minot Air Force Base were furloughed due to the government shutdown.
While a partial shutdown is still in effect, all 350 civilians have been reinstated.
Civilian personnel were brought back on board after U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel approved call backs for those holding positions deemed critical for supporting the mission of service members.
Recently, civilian employees learned they would be able to come back to work.
Today is their first day back on the job.
One civilian employee affected by the furlough says the civilians are currently making up for lost time.
(Kiley Swopes, MAFB Public Affairs)"Everybody's busy trying to get caught up from what they missed, but for the most part everybody's glad the civilians are back and the civilians are excited to be back."
Swopes says civilian personnel will receive pay for the days they were furloughed; however, when that compensation will be distributed has yet to be determined.
Minot Police say Sophia Pepple of New Town was struck by a pickup and killed about 6:25pm Sunday.
In addition, both had recently been released from state prison.
A two-year-old child was killed by a hit-and-run driver in Minot Sunday evening.
They ask if you have any information about the incident that you contact them at 852-0111.