Lincoln House Fire Deemed "Accidental" - KXNet.com - Bismarck/Minot/Williston/Dickinson-KXNEWS,ND

Lincoln House Fire Deemed "Accidental"

Posted: Updated:

The house fire that destroyed a family's home in Lincoln has been deemed accidental, that's according to the State Fire Marshal.

On Saturday the Bismarck Rural Fire Department was called to the home at 112 Libby Road.

The station's full-time firefighters were responding to the Desert area, when they got the call.

Other volunteer firefighters arrived at the home first.

A train slowed down the backup fire truck just outside of town.

By the time they got the call and arrived at the house, the heavy wind had already spread the fire over the entire house.

"As far as structure fire goes it was so fast because of the wind driven conditions it was pretty much a total burn. Typically we can put it out so there's some side walls left that they have to tear down later, but this was just a pretty bad one," Bismarck Rural Fire Chief Al Klein said.

Quick Clicks
Closings/Delays
View list
Calendar
What's happening?
Lottery Results
Feeling lucky?
Viewer Photos
Submit yours!
Road Report
Current conditions
TV Listings
See what's on
Gas Prices
Check near you
E-Mail Newsletter
Signup now

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow
General information or questions:
kxinfo@kxnet.com

News:
Bismarck:
Phone: 701-223-9197
News Fax: 701-223-1985

News:
Minot:
Phone: 701-852-2104
News Fax: 701-838-1050
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXNET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.