Mandan Man Starts Himself on Fire in Dickinson - KXNet.com - Bismarck/Minot/Williston/Dickinson-KXNEWS,ND

Mandan Man Starts Himself on Fire in Dickinson

Posted:

A 33-year-old Mandan man accidentally starts himself on fire after a bizarre incident near a Dickinson gas station.

Police say David Kissee was under the influence of meth and believed police had sprayed him with chemicals.

Kissee thought his skin was burning. To take care of that feeling--he poured gas on himself.

Kissee then decided to smoke a cigarette--and inadvertently started himself on fire.

The report says Kissee ran through the carwash at DJ's Amoco to put out the fire.

A witness saw him steal a car and called police.

Reports say he was driving as fast as 80-miles-per-hour through town.

Kissee eventually ditched the car in the 600 block of 1st Avenue West and entered a home.

Officers found him at the bottom of the steps with 2nd and 3rd degree burns on much of his body.

He was eventually flown to Regions Burn Center in St. Paul to be treated.

Captain Dave Wilkie says Kissee hasn't been officially charged yet--but faces seven counts including ingestion of a controlled substance, theft of a motor vehicle and criminal trespassing.

Quick Clicks
Closings/Delays
View list
Calendar
What's happening?
Lottery Results
Feeling lucky?
Viewer Photos
Submit yours!
Road Report
Current conditions
TV Listings
See what's on
Gas Prices
Check near you
E-Mail Newsletter
Signup now

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow
General information or questions:
kxinfo@kxnet.com

News:
Bismarck:
Phone: 701-223-9197
News Fax: 701-223-1985

News:
Minot:
Phone: 701-852-2104
News Fax: 701-838-1050
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXNET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.