Air Force Commander on MAFB Changes - KXNet.com - Bismarck/Minot/Williston/Dickinson-KXNEWS,ND

Air Force Commander on MAFB Changes

Posted: Updated:

The Commander of the 20th Air Force who is visiting Minot this week says improvements have been made quickly, and the performance of the 91st Missile Wing at the base has improved greatly after scandals in the Air Force's nuclear missile operations over the last year.

Major General Jack Weinstein said today in a press conference that in less than half a year, an improvement plan has been implemented, and the men and women in the force are already seeing change.

Millions of dollars are being spent to upgrade launch control facilities and purchase equipment to help them get the job done.

And unlike previous studies into what was needed, the General says they went right to the source this time.

 (Maj. Gen. Jack Weinstein - Commander of 20th Air Force) "We did this relook at our business from a different vantage point. The previous reports that we did have been at the senior level and we get reports from senior people saying what needs to be done. But this look, what we did was grab our most important resource which are our young men and women." 

Given those resources, Weinstein says the country is safer now than ever before, and citizens can rest assured that those charged with protecting America are doing exactly that.

 (Maj. Gen. Jack Weinstein - Commander of 20th Air Force) "I firmly believe there is nothing more important that we do on a day to day basis than protecting the USA. That is what the ICBM force does and it does it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we have been doing it since 1962. I sleep better at night knowing we are providing that support to the American people." 

Hundreds of new airmen and women are scheduled to be coming to the Minot Air Force Base soon to help support the mission.

 

  • Minot/Williston NewsMore>>

  • Sentence on Assault Charge

    Sentence on Assault Charge

    Monday, July 28 2014 7:48 PM EDT2014-07-28 23:48:15 GMT
    A Belcourt man has been sentenced to 33 months in federal prison for assault with a deadly weapon.
    A Belcourt man has been sentenced to 33 months in federal prison for assault with a deadly weapon.
  • Minot Man Arrested on 4th DUI

    Minot Man Arrested on 4th DUI

    Monday, July 28 2014 7:47 PM EDT2014-07-28 23:47:23 GMT
    Authorities arrested a Minot man on his 4th DUI charged this weekend.
    Authorities arrested a Minot man on his 4th DUI charged this weekend.
  • Sheriff on Fair Arrests

    Sheriff on Fair Arrests

    Monday, July 28 2014 7:42 PM EDT2014-07-28 23:42:31 GMT
    Ward County sheriff's deputies were busier than ever over the past ten days...providing security at the North Dakota State Fair.
    Ward County sheriff's deputies were busier than ever over the past ten days...providing security at the North Dakota State Fair.
Quick Clicks
Closings/Delays
View list
Calendar
What's happening?
Lottery Results
Feeling lucky?
Viewer Photos
Submit yours!
Road Report
Current conditions
TV Listings
See what's on
Gas Prices
Check near you
E-Mail Newsletter
Signup now

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow
General information or questions:
kxinfo@kxnet.com

News:
Bismarck:
Phone: 701-223-9197
News Fax: 701-223-1985

News:
Minot:
Phone: 701-852-2104
News Fax: 701-838-1050
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXNET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.