Defense Attorney of Principal Accused of Arson Reacts to State's - KXNet.com - Bismarck/Minot/Williston/Dickinson-KXNEWS,ND

Defense Attorney of Principal Accused of Arson Reacts to State's "Motion to Dismiss" Charges

Posted: Updated:

A former high school principal accused of arson may no longer face any charges.

A motion to dismiss charges was filed Thursday, and Thomas Sander's defense attorney says that's most likely after a motion to suppress evidence hearing was granted on Monday.

Lloyd Suhr says they are "very pleased with the state not to pursue the charges" further.

Sander previously faced a charge of arson and endangering by fire.

That's after a fire was started inside the Dickinson Trinity High School this spring.

Sander faced up to 20 years in prison and a 40 thousand dollar fine.

Even with a motion to dismiss filed July 3rd, defense attorney Lloyd Suhr says this case is still pending, and a judge will have to sign off on the order on Monday.

Suhr says a court ruling the previous Monday had a huge impact on the case.

Monday, Judge William Herauf threw out evidence after it was revealed that Thomas Sander had not been read his miranda rights properly.

Suhr says after that happened, the defense team anticipated there would be a lack of evidence for the state to proceed.

 

Quick Clicks
Closings/Delays
View list
Calendar
What's happening?
Lottery Results
Feeling lucky?
Viewer Photos
Submit yours!
Road Report
Current conditions
TV Listings
See what's on
Gas Prices
Check near you
E-Mail Newsletter
Signup now

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow
General information or questions:
kxinfo@kxnet.com

News:
Bismarck:
Phone: 701-223-9197
News Fax: 701-223-1985

News:
Minot:
Phone: 701-852-2104
News Fax: 701-838-1050
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXNET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.