Fire Displaces Minot Families - KXNet.com - Bismarck/Minot/Williston/Dickinson-KXNEWS,ND

Fire Displaces Minot Families

Posted: Updated:

Two families were displaced by a fire last night in northeast Minot.

Fire crews were called to an apartment complex at 913 2nd Street NE just after eight last night after smoke was reported coming from a second story vent.

Firefighters were quickly on the scene, and able to snuff out the flames before they developed into a larger blaze, but there was still significant smoke damage to the second floor unit and also some damage to the first floor apartment.

Fire officials say it appears the fire started in the bathroom on the second level after a fan had an electrical malfunction.

The Red Cross assisted one family of five with food and hotel assistance last night following the blaze.

 

Quick Clicks
Closings/Delays
View list
Calendar
What's happening?
Lottery Results
Feeling lucky?
Viewer Photos
Submit yours!
Road Report
Current conditions
TV Listings
See what's on
Gas Prices
Check near you
E-Mail Newsletter
Signup now

Most Popular

Stories
Videos
loading...
Powered by WorldNow
General information or questions:
kxinfo@kxnet.com

News:
Bismarck:
Phone: 701-223-9197
News Fax: 701-223-1985

News:
Minot:
Phone: 701-852-2104
News Fax: 701-838-1050
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXNET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.