Ron Howard to direct Beatles documentary - KXNet.com - Bismarck/Minot/Williston/Dickinson-KXNEWS,ND

Ron Howard to direct Beatles documentary

Posted: Updated:

NEW YORK (AP) - Ron Howard will direct a documentary on the Beatles that focuses on the band's touring years during the early 1960s.

Howard announced the project Wednesday. The film is being made with the cooperation of Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono and Olivia Harrison. The Beatles company, Apple Corps, is co-producing the film.

The as-yet-untitled film is the second documentary directed by Howard, who said he's long been a Beatles fan. Howard previously made the 2013 Jay-Z documentary "Made in America."

The film will run up to the Beatles' final concert in San Francisco's Candlestick Park in 1966. Much footage for the documentary has already been gathered.

The movie is tentatively slated for release late next year.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • U.S. & World NewsMore>>

  • Deal to improve veterans' health care costs $17B

    Deal to improve veterans' health care costs $17B

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:33 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:33:23 GMT
    After more than six weeks of sometimes testy talks, House and Senate negotiators have agreed on a compromise plan to fix a veterans health program scandalized by long patient wait times and falsified records...
    A bipartisan deal to improve veterans' health care would authorize at least $17 billion to fix the health program scandalized by long patient wait times and falsified records covering up delays, the bill's chief...
  • Israeli PM speaks of 'prolonged' campaign in Gaza

    Israeli PM speaks of 'prolonged' campaign in Gaza

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:17 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:17:27 GMT
    Israel and Hamas have lowered the pace of the fighting in the three-week-old Gaza war as international efforts intensify to end the conflict that has already killed 1,030 Palestinians and 43 Israeli soldiers.
    Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday that Israel must be ready for a "prolonged" military operation in the Gaza Strip and will "act aggressively and responsibly" until the mission is completed.
  • Trial begins in case over Oklahoma City bombing

    Trial begins in case over Oklahoma City bombing

    Monday, July 28 2014 2:13 PM EDT2014-07-28 18:13:11 GMT
    A Salt Lake City attorney is arguing in a lawsuit that the FBI has video of the Oklahoma City bombing that shows a second person was involved.
    The FBI has done a thorough search of its archives and found no evidence that more Oklahoma City bombing videos exist, federal attorneys told a judge on Monday during the first day of a trial that has rekindled...
Powered by WorldNow
General information or questions:
kxinfo@kxnet.com

News:
Bismarck:
Phone: 701-223-9197
News Fax: 701-223-1985

News:
Minot:
Phone: 701-852-2104
News Fax: 701-838-1050
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KXNET. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.