Recipe from Phelisia Jackson of Miss.
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- 2 bags of Heath toffee bits
- 1 bag of baking chocolate chip
- 1 jar of caramel ice cream topping
- 1 8oz container Cool Whip
- Combine cake mix with 1/2 of the toffee bits.
- Bake 1/2 of the cake mix until done at 325 degrees.
- When done, sprinkle with large amount of toffee bits and Hershey. Spread other 1/2 of cake mix on top of that and bake until done.
- Let stand for 30 minuntes, spread with caramel topping. Refrigerate 'til topping is firm, then spread with Cool Whip (not the whole thing).
- Sprinkle with the remainder of the toffee bits and the Hershey candy.
Serve with your favorite ice cream. Mine was served with vanilla.