BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A Bismarck man will serve life in prison without parole after being convicted of killing his infant daughter.
Twenty-three-year-old Jose Rivera-Rieffel was sentenced Friday after being convicted in March on felony charges of murder and child abuse.
Rivera-Rieffel’s daughter died in April 2018, eight days after emergency workers took her to a hospital for treatment of multiple head injuries.
Rivera-Rieffel pleaded guilty in 2017 to child abuse after his other infant daughter was brought to a hospital with injuries.
The defense attorney says he plans to appeal.
- Bismarck Man Accused of Killing Infant Daughter Pleads Not Guilty
- Mother of Baby Murdered in April in Burleigh County Court
- Bismarck man accused of killing 3-month-old daughter heading to trial in March
- Opening Arguments Set For Tuesday in the Case of a Man Accused of Killing His 3-Month-Old Daughter
- Opening Statements in the Trial of a Man Accused of Murdering his Infant Daughter
- Guilty verdict for father accused in the death of his 3-month-old baby