German swingers’ club evacuated after carbon monoxide alarm

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BERLIN (AP) — Authorities say a swingers’ club in western Germany had to be evacuated mid-party after a carbon monoxide alarm went off and several guests reported feeling unwell.

Firefighters in the town of Hattingen, between Dortmund and Duesseldorf in North Rhine-Westphalia, told the dpa news agency Sunday that about 300 swingers were brought to safety after the alarm went off late Saturday night.

The swingers, many clad just in bathrobes as they left the club, were taken on buses to be examined by first aid workers. About ten complained of feeling unwell and needed treatment.

The fire department says no dangerous levels of carbon monoxide were detected once they had arrived. In all, about 160 emergency workers were involved.

Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Recent Videos

Weather Whys: Odd clouds explained

Amber's Thursday Morning #OneMinuteForecast 10/1

Thursday's Forecast: Increasing clouds and colder highs

Native Youth Life Skills

Century Volleyball

St. Mary's Saints Football

TGU Volleyball

Souris Valley Care Center COVID Cases

Mott Meatplant

Close contacts

Wednesday, September 30th, 2020 - KX Storm Team Evening Forecast - Dave Holder

Suffragette Headstone

Scandinavian Visitors

No Høstfest

Debate Reaction

Local Reaction

School Cleaning

Tags Returned

Amber's Wednesday Morning #OneMinuteForecast 9/30

Get ready for a very blustery day

More Video

KX News Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss