The Bismarck Fire Department is asking residents to be extra cautious outdoors when smoking or using charcoal grills, fire pits, outdoor fireplaces, or chimeneas.
In a news release, the department notes it has responded to two backyard fires so far this week.
This morning, firefighters responded to a report of a fence on fire in the 1200 block of Avenue A.
The first crew to arrive reported a wood pile and fence on fire in the backyard of a single family home.
No injuries were reported and the fire was determined to have been accidental.
The Bismarck Fire Department is reminding people to never leave a fire unattended.
“Thoroughly douse the fire with water after use to ensure the ashes are cool,” the department news release states. “Do not use your fire pit, chiminea, outdoor fire place, or charcoal grill when it is windy or during ‘Very High,’ ‘Extreme’ or ‘Red Flag’ fire conditions.”
For the current fire danger rating, drought maps, burn gban restrictions and more, go to the NDResoponse Web site here.