The Bismarck Fire Department responded to the report of a fire at a trailer house twice on Monday, February 12th.
The first time was around 3:44 p.m. When fire crews arrived at the home located at the 700 block of West Sweet Avenue, they advised the fire was out.
In a report they say the skirting was removed from the base of the home. According to bystanders, the occupants had been using a space heater to thaw frozen pipes.
After putting preventative measures in place, the fire department left. The fire crew cleared the scene at approximately 4:24 PM.
They returned just an hour later. This time they saw heavy smoke coming from the underside of the trailer and through various broken windows. The Fire Department then deployed a fire attack hoseline to the underside of the trailer and sprayed water through a window.
The fire is being called accidental. Damage to the trailer is estimated at $10,000
The building was unoccupied. Five fire trucks and 13 firefighters responded to the scene. The Bismarck Police Department and Metro Area Ambulance assisted.