Bismarck ranks 6th out of the 50 capital cities in the U.S. in terms of ‘livability.’
According to personal financial website WalletHub.com, that term (and Bismarck’s ranking) is based on 54 measurable factors such as housing affordability, median household income, unemployment rates and more.
Based on the results of the data survey, Bismarck is a top 10 capital city in which to live.
The capital city also scores well in a number of the ranking categories:
- 1st in low unemployment rate
- 2nd in low percentage of people in poverty
- 5th in median household income (adjusted for cost of living)
- 8th in housing affordability
- 10th in overall health conditions
You can review the complete survey and its methodology here.