Beginning June 12th, the City of Bismarck will begin four-day residential garbage collection. Meaning residential garbage collection routes and calendar dates will change for some customers.
According to a release from the City of Bismarck, the four-day collection system is designed to maximize efficiency while successfully meeting the needs of citizens. They say it also solves the Friday carryover of garbage collection until Monday during holiday weeks.
The Bismarck Board of City Commissioners voted March 14th to move ahead with this four-day curbside garbage collection schedule after lengthy consideration that included two public input meetings.
Here’s a link to the garbage route changes:
Here are some of the rules, as provided by the City of Bismarck, on the four-day garbage collection schedule that begins June 12th.
- Garbage must be set out at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled collection day.
- Garbage collection employees will work four, ten-hour days, Monday-Thursday, and will complete garbage collection by 4:30 p.m.
- Garbage will be collected once per week.
- No collection on holidays. Garbage collection will be delayed one day throughout the remainder of the week.
- Recycling pickup will remain the same, on a five-day recycling schedule.
A link to the recycling route calendar: