Bismarck, ND – Firefighters were busy Wednesday responding to three separate fires around town.
The first call came at 6:37 Wednesday morning. Crews responded to an apartment on the 400 block of South Washington Street. Firefighters say the fire was contained to the oven. The person who lived there said he forgot to remove a left over pizza box from the oven before starting it. The cause was ruled accidental.
Then, at 11:21 a.m., there was another cooking fire at an apartment on the 2100 block of Xavier St. Firefighters found smoke throughout the apartment. The fire was also contained to the oven. Crews say the person who lives had been storing cookware and ice cube trays in the oven and forgot to take them out before starting the oven. This fire was also ruled an accident.
At 2:06 on Wednesday afternoon, someone reported smoke coming from an electrical outlet at a house on the 1400 block of N. 16th St. Firefighters shut off the power at the break panel and determined the fire did not extend outside of the outlet box. They told the homeowner to leave the electrical circuit off until an electrician can look at it.