Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is recalling 4.8 million vehicles to fix a defect that could prevent the cruise control system from turning off.
The company warns if the cruise control cannot disengage, drivers might not be able to stop the vehicle by pressing the brake pedal or manually turning off cruise control.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is strongly encouraging vehicle owners to follow Fiat Chrysler’s advice and stop using cruise control until repairs can be made.
The recall involves the following models:
- Dodge Journey MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Dodge Durango MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Dodge Challenger MY 2015-2018 2-Door
- Dodge Charger MY 2014-2018 4-Door
- Ram 3500 MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 3500 Cab Chassis MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 3500 Less Than 10,000 Pound Cab Chassis MY 2016-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 2500 MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 4500/5500 Cab Chassis MY 2014-2018 Pickup Truck
- Ram 1500 MY 2014-2019 Pickup Truck
- Jeep Wrangler MY 2018 SUV
- Jeep Grand Cherokee MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Jeep Cherokee MY 2014-2018 SUV
- Chrysler 300 MY 2014-2018 4-Door
- Chrysler Pacifica MY 2017-2018 Van
- Chrysler 200 MY 2015-2017 4-Door
You can read more on the recall at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration site.