In case you missed it, KX News is looking out for you… here’s your morning briefing on the overnight news:
- Local Fish Hatchery Is Helping Endangered Fish: Pallid Sturgeon fish are endangered and 20 years ago when people at the Garrison Fish Hatchery found out they got involved.
- Working toward improvements in 911 location accuracy: More than 80 percent of 9-1-1 calls come from cell phones, but it is difficult to try and get a location fix for the phone. Things may be improving, however.
- Help wanted for Dickinson public schools: The DIckinson Public School District is looking to hire at least 25 more people, in addition to the 64 positions they have already filled. The reason for the staffing shortage is relocation, retirement, and the reopening of Berg Elementary.
- Officer charged in Antwon Rose Jr. shooting death: The East Pittsburgh Police officer who fatally shot 17-year-old Antwon Rose Jr. on June 19 has been charged. According to court records, a charge of criminal homicide has been filed against East Pittsburgh Police Officer Michael Rosfeld.
- Former Cambridge Analytica employee: Other apps also collected user data: A former official at Cambridge Analytica is sharing what she considers some of the data firm’s questionable practices.
Stay with KX News throughout the day for more news and information.