KX News has been working on a months-long special report on crime and justice on native lands.
In this 30-minute special, Renée Cooper reports some of the major barriers allowing criminal offenses to go unpunished, and why jurisdictional boundaries are often to blame.
More Barriers to Justice
- ‘Uniquely problematic in reservation communities’: The story of policing on tribal lands
- ‘That’s been a fight for 30 to 50 years’: Tribal citizens are forced to rely on the federal government for justice
- Behind the grim statistics for sexual violence on reservations
- The fight for representation: Tribal citizens are dealt systematic hurdles
- Justice for North Dakota’s Tribal Nations: The long journey so far, and what’s still ahead
- KX Conversation: Our own Renée Cooper and the process of reporting her Barriers to Justice series