Cause of fire at Mandan apartment complex revealed

Local News

After an investigation into the fire which destroyed apartments at Sunset Bluffs Apartments in Mandan, the cause was revealed to be improper disposal of smoking material.

After interviewing residents and witnesses along with looking over physical evidence, the Mandan Fire Department determined the cause to be accidental.

MFD responded to the fire on August 10, and found flames showing from a third-floor balcony and extending to the attic area. 31 families were displaced by the fire.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Stories

More Local News

Recent Videos

Amber's Monday Morning #OneMinuteForecast 9/21

FALL FUN INTERVIEW

FALL FUN

NDC SEP 21

Monday's Forecast: Sunny, warm & dry

Top Plays of the Week

Minot Boy's Soccer

Literacy Grant in Watford City

Robert One Minute 9-20

Drive-thru Pow Wow

Photography project captures the First Nation

COVID-19 ND Watch 9-20

Fire at Kist Livestock

Teaching child abuse prevention

DSU wins big

Flight Club

WDA Soccer 9-19

Hannah Herbel

Robert One Minute 9-19

More Video

KX News Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss