Cell phone catches fire at Simle Middle School, students evacuated

Local News
Simle Middle School_1518541646827.png.jpg

Something unusual happened today at Simle Middle School.

At about 2:30 Monday, the fire alarm sounded and students were evacuated.

School officials told us that a student’s cell phone caught fire. The fire was extinguished within a matter of seconds, but students were evacuated for about 20 minutes until the fire department allowed them back into the building.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Local Sports News

More Local Sports

Latest State News

See More State News

Latest National News

More National News

Inside KXNET.COM

More Don't Miss

KX News Trending Stories