Minot FD responds to grass fire caused by sparking power lines Monday night

Local News
Minot Fire Department

Strong winds and dry conditions caused a grass fire in Minot to rapidly spread on Monday night.

According to the Minot Fire Department, a grass fire, caused by sparking power lines, began in the area of 1131 1st St NW around 9 p.m., burning toward several homes.

The fire near the homes was extinguished first, and the rest of the fire was under control in about 15 minutes.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Inside KXNET.COM

More Don't Miss

KX News Trending Stories

Latest Stories

More Local News