Minot Fire Department saves four pets and home from candle fire

Local News

The Minot Fire Department is reporting that an unattended candle is responsible for a house fire in southwest Minot on Monday morning.

Upon arrival, crews found smoke coming from the basement of the home and within minutes firefighters were able to access the single room quickly to control the blaze.

Homeowners reported three cats and one dog missing while firefighters were on the scene.

All four house pets and residents were located and unharmed.

Minot Fire Department determined an unattended candle was the source of the fire.

In the U.S. 36% of all candle fires are due to leaving it unattended. It is important to always monitor burning candles.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Local Sports News

More Local Sports

Latest State News

See More State News

Latest National News

More National News

Featured on KXNET.COM

More Don't Miss

KX News Trending Stories