Small Fire at Northridge Elementary

Video

Around 4:40 Wednesday afternoon, a call came in reporting smoke in the gym at Northridge Elementary.

According to the Bismarck Fire Department, there was a small fire in a basement storage area that they were able to put out with a fire extinguisher. After it was out, fire crews did a walk through to make sure there weren’t any hot spots.

They ventilated the building and then handed it over to B-P-S.
There were no injuries and the damage was limited to the basement.
Smoke damage did extend into the gym and neighboring rooms.

Officials have already determined it started on a stovetop in the basement.
The cause has been ruled as accidental.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

More Fuzz Butt Strut

Don't Miss