Stove top fire causes water damage at Minot apartment complex

Local News

An apartment complex in northwest Minot suffered water damage Sunday on all three floors of the building after a stove top fire caused by overheated cooking grease.

The Minot Fire Department responded to 1250 27th Ave NW at 6:56 p.m. for a stove top fire in an apartment complex.

Firefighters found smoke in the hallway of the building’s third floor with heavy smoke in one apartment.

Crews gained access to the apartment and found that the sprinkler system had activated, and the fire had been extinguished.

Multiple apartments on all three floors of the building suffered water damage from the sprinkler system.

Damage to the building from fire was minor. No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Stories

More Local News

Recent Videos

Robert One Minute 9-26

Friday Night Football Frenzy 9-25 1

Friday Night Football Frenzy 9-25 2

SVUW Donation Drive

Dickinson Backpacks

90 Years Old & 20 Years at Dickinson CVB

Friday, September 25th, 2020 - KX Storm Team Evening Forecast - Dave Holder

Art Gallery

Airport Upgrades

New Food Truck

Free Masks

Talking about Suicide

Morton Co. Mitigation

Amber's Friday Morning #OneMinuteForecast 9/25

Friday Forecast: cooler and breezy

furry friday sept 25

ndc sept 25

WDA Volleyball

WDA Boy's Soccer

More Video

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss