Correction: Survey shows residents view Minot favorably

Local News

UPDATE: Earlier this week we reported that “Minot City Council approved spending up to $300,000 for a marketing consultant to see what people in the area liked…or disliked.”

The $300,000 came from the MAGIC  fund  which is intended for economic development and marketing purposes for community based initiatives. Applications are submitted to MADC and MAGIC City fund committee. But, the final approval comes from City Council.

The survey conducted as part of the entire One Brand campaign, to research community sentiment was less than 10% of the program budget. The survey shows nearly 80% of the community considers Minot’s community “favorable” or “mostly favorable.”

ORIGINAL: The One Brand Campaign was started by organizations that want to know what people think about their community.

Minot City Council approved spending up to $300,000 for the One Brand campaign.

“There was an opportunity to identify the opportunity, the tone, the message, the sound of who Minot is,” said Stephanie Schoenrock, Executive Director of Visit Minot.

411 people were surveyed. 80 percent of those lived in town, and the other 20 percent from around the area. Schoenrock said now that they have the information, they put it to use.

She added, “The next phase is going to be coming back together with our stakeholders and deciding how exactly we are going to proceed. What type of audiences do we want to speak to? What kind of messages do we want to go out with? Then using some of those tools, executing it and rolling it out.”

Healthcare and infrastructure are seen as the highest priorities, as well as flood protection and new schools. We spoke to one person who shared what she likes most about Minot.

“Everybody is helping everyone out here. I feel that there is ever a need here. The food pantry or like Christmas presents or like all the local churches seem to help out and just get involved and really help our community out,” said Minot resident Rachel Filkins.

Creating a sense of pride in the community is the end-goal for the campaign.

The next phase of the project is expected to begin in January.
The next public release of information is expected in March.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Recent Videos

Thursday, January 28th, 2021 - KX Storm Team Morning Forecast - Dave Holder

Century Boy's Hockey

Century Girl's Basketball

Kenmare Girl's Basketball

Bismarck Girl's Basketball

Dr. Wynne: Grandparents

WSC Food Pantry

Antibody Clinic

Infertility Myth

KX Convo: Dr. Ted Fogarty

Teacher Fund

Prenup Bill

Drilling Moratorium

KX Storm Team Full Evening Forecast w/Tom Schrader 1/27.

Rolette County Jail

YHF

Tom's Wednesday Afternoon #OneMinuteForecast 1/27

Wednesday, January 27th, 2021 - KX Storm Team Evening Forecast - Dave Holder

NDC JAN 27 2ND HR

United Tribes Basketball

More Video

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

KX News Trending Stories

Latest Stories

More Local News