MONROE, La. — A baby bear has been spotted in North Monroe and officials are asking residents to not engage with the bear.
According to a Tweet from the City of Monroe, the bear was spotted in the Valencia & Edgewood Streets area of north Monroe on Friday morning.
The Monroe Police Department and State Wildlife & Fisheries are working to capture the bear.
Officials are asking residents to not try to engage or capture the bear.
Footage sent in by a viewer, shown above, shows the bear cub come within a few feet of a child on Friday morning. It appears that both the bear cub and the child spooked each other, causing the cub to flee the scene.
- Class B Basketball: Wilton-Wing falls in the state semifinals, will play for third on Saturday
- WDA Basketball: Minot knows the job is not done after making it to the state tournament
- Local woman stresses the urgency of passing a third stimulus relief package
- Pot advocates cry foul on South Dakota governor using state funds for lawsuit
- Bismarck Fire Department responds to house fire on Bell Street