BURLINGTON, Mass. (AP) — Massachusetts authorities have identified the Buffalo Wild Wings employee who died after breathing in fumes from a powerful cleaning agent at the restaurant.
WCVB-TV reports that Burlington fire officials say 32-year-old Ryan Baldera, the general manager, was overcome by the fumes and died after being rushed to a local hospital Thursday night. At least 10 people were hospitalized.
Authorities say he was married and had an infant son, The Boston Globe reports.
Officials responded to reports of a chemical reaction in the kitchen area. Authorities evacuated the Burlington restaurant and urged anyone inside at the time to get medical treatment, if needed.
A Buffalo Wild Wings statement says the company is “shocked and saddened” and working with the franchisee and authorities.
The suburban Boston sports bar is closed while the investigation continues.