SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Starbucks is giving away free coffee nationwide to first responders and healthcare workers dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.
In a statement, the coffee chain said the promotion is underway now through May 3.
Any customer who identifies themselves as a first responder or worker in the healthcare system will receive a free tall coffee.
Those who are eligible include:
- Police officers
- Hospital and medical staff, researchers
The deal is applicable at participating Starbucks locations across the US.
Since the start of the pandemic, Starbucks shuttered many of its locations and limited services to drive-through services only.
Additionally, Starbucks said its foundation will also be donating $500,000 to organizations delivering care packages and needed medical items such as personal protective equipment.
- Country music legend Joe Diffie dies from COVID-19 complications
- U.S. Navy hospital ship heading to NYC for coronavirus aid
- Trump working with Ohio gov. to get FDA approval on expansion of mask sterilization technology
- NASA AT HOME: Even in self-isolation, the universe can be yours
- Pizzeria borrows to keep workers on job, spurs meal donations to medical workers, first responders