Secretary of State Candidate Officially Drops Out

News
WillGardner_1528995481292.png

After getting the most votes in the primary election, Republican Secretary of State Candidate Will Gardner is officially out of the race. 

In late May the Fargo Forum published an article detailing an incident on NDSU’s campus in 2006 where Gardner pled guilty to a disorderly conduct charge of peeping on Freshmen women in their dormitories. Gardner was 29 at the time. 

Following that information being released Gardner said he would no longer seek the office, but it wasn’t until today that he officially withdrew. Gardner took to his personal Facebook page saying, “Last night I submitted my withdrawal from the race for Secretary of State.”

Despite announcing his intentions to drop out in May, Gardner’s name still appeared on the June primary ballot. He received 93% of the Republican vote, the remaining 7% was write-in votes. 

The ND GOP will have no candidate listed on the November ballot. However, current Secretary of State Al Jaeger said he will attempt to get his name on the ballot through a write-in campaign. He needs 1,000 signatures in order to get on the November ballot. If he reaches that goal, he will be listed as an Independent. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Stories

More Local News

Recent Videos

Amber's Tuesday Morning #OneMinuteForecast 10/20

Snow & hazardous travel conditions today

NDC OCT 20

Girl Scout Project

High School Volleyball

Grant County Flasher Football

Bishop Ryan Volleyball

Century Football

Warmer Weather?

Corn Yield

District 28 Preview

Amtrak Changes

Monday, October 19th, 2020 - KX Storm Team Evening Forecast - Dave Holder

KX Storm Team Full Evening Forecast w/Tom Schrader 10/19

ATW: Rugby Sibling Teammates

ATW: Velva Football

ATW: Hannah Herbal

Space Heaters

WATCH: Best friend reunion at Georgia pumpkin patch goes viral

Prepare for more widespread snow

More Video

KX News Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss