Blizzards apparently won’t have a chance against the likes of “Truck Norris” or “Plowzilla” or numerous other state highway plows.
The North Dakota Department of Transportation released the winning names in its first annual “Name A Plow Contest.”
In November, state residents were asked to submit names for a plow in the highway district where they live. The names were then narrowed down by district employees and the overall winners were chosen by all North Dakota Department of Transportation employees.
A total of 856 snowplow names were submitted from across North Dakota. The winning submissions for the 8 department districts:
- Bismarck District: Darth Blader
- Devils Lake District: Blizzard Wizard
- Dickinson District: Plowasaurus Rex
- Fargo District: Below Zero Hero
- Grand Forks District: Storming Norman
- Minot District: Truck Norris
- Valley City District: Orange Thunder
- Williston District: Plowzilla
Those whose suggested names were chosen as the winners will have a chance to meet the plow operators in their districts and have their photos taken with the snowplow.