Sprinkler Malfunction Leads To School Evacuation

News
Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 10.18.11 AM_1481213989806.jpg

Students and staff at Bishop Ryan Catholic School in Minot had an unusual morning thanks to the cold weather.

Minot Fire officials say a fire suppression sprinkler located near an entryway to the building malfunctioned and went off around 8 o’clock this morning as students were arriving for the day.

This triggered the fire alarm – so the students were evacuated across the street to the Minot State University Dome.

Father Jadyn Nelson says all students were safe and accounted for, and the water from the sprinkler will be cleaned up by Thursday afternoon.

The school chaplain praised the way Bishop Ryan faculty members handled the incident, as well as the quick response by police and fire crews.

Students were back in class by about 9:30 am.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Recent Videos

BSC Basketball

Bishop Ryan Girl's Basketball

Hettinger-Scranton Girl's Basketball

Legacy Boy's Basketball

ATW: David Tries It w/ Majettes Hockey

ATW: BSC's Buster Gilliss

ATW: Mic'd Up with Coach Brandt

Transgender Athlete Bill

KX Storm Team Full Evening Forecast w/Tom Schrader 1/25

Tom's Monday Afternoon #OneMinuteForecast 1/25

NDC JAN 25

Monday, January 25th, 2021 - KX Storm Team Morning Forecast - Dave Holder

Jesse White

ND National Guard Returns

Plays of the Week

Emergency car kit

Car seats & coats

Minot Park improvements

Class B Basketball

WDA Basketball

More Video

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

KX News Trending Stories

Latest Stories

More Local News