One of the Seventeen winners of The Youth Ending Stigma Challenge presented her campaign today.
The Nedrose High School student spoke at an assembly this morning.
She talked about bullying and how it can lead to negative behaviors.
At the end of her presentation, she handed out bracelets that say “You are more.”
The message reminds people they are valuable and more than a negative comment.
“It meant a lot because I know coming in I was scared about being judged,” said Addyson Leier. “Last night I was sitting on my bed doing these bracelets and I was having a complete mental break down, and so it just means a lot that they’re willing to support.”
Addyson partnered with Embrace North Dakota for her campaign.
The 16 other winners will present their projects in the coming weeks.
The winners of the Youth Ending Stigma Challenge include:
- Bismarck Century High School
- Central Cass Schools
- Dakota Prairie High School
- Grafton Schools
- Grand Forks Youth Commission
- Hanna Johnson with the Fargo-Moorhead West Fargo Chamber Young Entrepreneurship Academy
- Izzy Garcia with the Sinner-Bresnahan Foundation
- Langdon High School
- Liberty Middle School
- Mandaree High School
- Midkota High School
- Nedrose Schools
- Northern Cass High School
- Rolette High School
- South Prairie High School
- Turtle Mountain YouthCouncil