UPDATE: 11/28/2023, 4:30 p.m.
MINOT, N.D. (KXNET) — Police are still looking for a man that shot another man in Minot earlier this month, and now his initial charge of attempted murder has been upgraded to murder.
Police have issued an arrest warrant for Quantdre Mersier for allegedly killing 29-year-old Ansu Kamara.
Officers say they responded to a report of gunshots in Northwest Minot on November 18. Kamara was then transported to Trinity Hospital, who later died from injuries.
Mersier is now charged with murder, and police say they are still looking for him.
If you see Mersier or have any information on his whereabouts, call law enforcement. Police say they believe this shooting was an isolated incident.
UPDATE: 11/24/2023, 4:02 p.m.
MINOT, N.D. (KXNET) — The 29-year-old man involved in a shooting incident in NW Minot died from his injuries.
According to a news release, the shooting took place on November 17.
Minot Police Department has issued an arrest warrant for the shooter, Quantdre Octavious Mersier, and the investigation is ongoing and no arrests have been made.
With the change in circumstances, charges will be reviewed by the State’s Attorney office.
UPDATE: 11/20/2023, 5:20 p.m.
MINOT, N.D. (KXNET) — An arrest warrant has been issued for Quandre Octavious Mersier — a 30-year-old Minot man — after his involvement in a shooting that led to the hospitalization of a 29-year-old Minot man on Friday, November 17th.
Mersier is wanted for the charge of Attempted Murder, and Minot PD investigators believe that this was an isolated incident. In accordance with department protocols, identifiable information about the victim has not been released.
Currently, Mersier has not been arrested. If an individual sees him, they are asked to not approach the man, and to notify the authorities immediately.
Investigation into Mersier’s whereabouts is ongoing. If you have any information regarding his location, please contact the Minot Police Department at 701-852-0111.
ORIGINAL STORY — POSTED 11/18, 10:10 A.M.
MINOT, N.D. (KXNET) — The Minot Police Department is investigating a shooting that occurred late Friday night.
In a post on their Facebook page, the department says the suspect responsible for the shooting fled the scene, and that the victim — a 29-year-old Minot male — was transported to Trinity Hospital for a serious gunshot injury.
Investigation into the incident is ongoing. The department says that it will update the public with more information as soon as it becomes available.