The North Dakota chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics sent a letter to all school boards in the state on Tuesday, laying out a five-point set of recommendations for schools to follow to keep students safe from COVID-19.
The letter, which was signed by more than 60 healthcare providers, says schools to maintain in-person instruction while mitigating risks, schools should follow the below recommendations:
- Be in close communication with state and local medical experts for guidance
- All eligible individuals should get the COVID-19 vaccine
- All staff and all students older than 2 should wear masks
- COVID testing must be available and accessible
- Schools must continue to take a multi-pronged, layered approach to protect everyone and will make in-person learning safe and possible
To read the full letter, click below: