A trailer caught on fire as a man was driving on County Road 9 near Berthold this afternoon.
The driver said he looked at his rearview mirror and noticed lots of smoke coming from the trailer.
When he got out, he realized it was on fire and he tried to stop it with a fire extinguisher but the fire was too big.
According to the driver – he believes the fire started from a cigarette that he threw out the window.
The Berthold Fire Department says that there was a burning barrel in the trailer that contributed to the fire.
“Well I freaked out, I’m not going to lie. It was freaked but hey nobody got hurt,” said Anthony Matias, Parshall Resident.
The fire department had the fire out in about 20 minutes and say that the trailer is not a total loss.