Watford city hotel has carbon dioxide emergency

News
CO2_1520796498918.jpeg
UPDATE: The original story stated that the patients were treated for carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. The next day, the Watford City Police Department issued a press release stating that the gas in the hotel pool area had been carbon dioxide (CO2), and the story was corrected. The treatment for carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide poisoning is the same: administer oxygen to the patients until their system is clear of the gas. 
 
The original story follows:
 
Five people are being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at McKenzie Healthcare Systems Incorporated in Watford City. 
 
Around 10 this morning, children playing in the pool area at Little Missouri Inn and Suites in Watford City were having trouble breathing and parents called 9-1-1.
 
One adult at the scene told us that some children lost consciousness and an officer had to perform CPR on one of the children. He said their children were given Oxygen for at least six hours.
 
Four at the scene were prescreened and did not need to go to the hospital. Five others were treated and cleared.
 
The family said they had been staying at the Hotel for the 12-U Girls Hockey Tournament.
 
Phone calls were made to Watford City Fire Department, Watford City Police Department and McKenzie County Sheriff’s office. None of those agencies would comment on what happened.
 
Little Missouri Inn and Suites would not confirm that the incident occurred at their hotel, however they did say that the Fire Department had cleared their hotel and they are open for business.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Inside KXNET.COM

More Don't Miss

KX News Trending Stories

Latest Stories

More Local News