Naked Beef Burrito
Submitted by: Marian Darnay, Mandan
It’s scandalous. It’s tasty. It’s the Naked Beef Burrito.
Here’s another crockpot meal that gives you very tender meat mixed with the ingredients of a burrito without the wrapper (hence the term, “naked”).
This is a beef version, but you can substitute chicken or pork for a tasty outcome.
- Beef (or substitute chicken or pork, if desired)
- Black Beans
- Sour cream
- Rotella Tomatoes
- Cook Small roast in crockpot all day, shred beef, add 1 cup of beef bouillon for juice if it’s dry.
- Cook 2 cups of minute rice in the microwave, ( 2 cups of rice, 2 cups of water, salt, cook for 7 minutes.)
- Mix: 1 can of corn, 1 can of black beans ( rinsed), 1 can of Rotella tomatoes, ( hot or mild) your choice.
- Serve on individual plates by layering: 1-rice, 2-beef, 3-vegetable mixture, 4-shredded cheese and 5-a spoonful of sour cream.
Download a printable PDF recipe card of this meal to add to your recipe collection.
Do you have a quick, go-to meal that you can make in minutes? Make it, take a photo and share it with “What’s For Dinner.” Submit your recipe and photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll include it in a future post.